High School Health: March New semester Spring 2018
- Nutrition Unit
- Review of ten body systems, their function adding healthy habits to maintain them.
- Digestive system: parts and function, dietary needs
- Physical Fitness & Cardiovascular system: while studying exercise physiology, self-analysis of fitness via project using heart rate monitors.
- Projects that emphasize cause & effect, most current research and data to support ideas.Nutrition project: Label Analysis in detail, Fitness Test
Middle School: Physical Education March 2018 New Class 3rd quarter
- Complete National & State competency standards for motor skills
- Post test each person in the Five Health related fitness components: Flexibility, Cardiovascular, Muscle strength, muscle endurance and body composition.
- Activities include soccer, badminton, ultimate Frisbee, football
- Complete four units of activity instruction: soccer, badminton, ultimate Frisbee, and football emphasizing specific skills, strategies, safety and team dynamics. Sportsmanship, collaboration, and conflict resolution.
Middle School Health March 2018 New Class 3rd quarter
- Learn or review twelve systems of the body, their functions, with an emphasis on healthy habits for each. Focus for march skin, digestion, nervous system, reproduction, eye, ear, skeletal
- Projects that reinforce real life situations by research/presentation/promotion by designing instruction materials for the school or participating in an experiment to show cause and effect. Nutrition: Make myplate! Skin cancer project.
- Units for March include Drugs, alcohol & Tobacco risks & prevention, Nutrition, Emotions, Violence.
- Decision making
- Begin practice on Blooms Levels of Knowledge: Level 1&2 (Remembering/Understanding) Questions and answers
Elm School Health 4th 5th grade March 2018.
- Goals: SMART Goals, Short Term Goals, Long Term goals and the process to follow
- Protective Factors: Safety equipment for sports & activities, brain concussions, prevention and symptoms