Middle School & High School Physical Education
- Appropriate footwear (running shoes/sneakers)
- Clothing appropriate for movement (shorts, sweat pants, t-shirts, sweat shirts etc…) NO DENIM OR KHAKI MATERIALS
- Water bottle (optional but highly encouraged)
SHAPE (Society of Health and Physical Educators) America Standards:
A physically literate individual:
STANDARD 1: Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns. STANDARD 2: Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance STANDARD 3: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness. STANDARD 4: Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others. STANDARD 5: Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Guidelines in PE (SHAPE standard 4):
- Be prepared for class. For example; bring appropriate active wear, homework that is due, and complete any reading before class!
- Always demonstrate body control (ex. slowing yourself down before running into the wall/stage)
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep play away from bleachers
- NO SLIDING/DIVING in the gym
- Students will demonstrate the “Spirit of the Game” concept most commonly used in Ultimate Frisbee which stresses “sportsmanship and fair play, competitive play is encouraged but NEVER at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules and basic joy of play.”
Please click on the link below for your course syllabus:
All classes are reviewing for fitness testing. Test will be taken Feb 4-Feb 8.
Please make sure to:
Get a good night’s sleep
Eat properly the night before and morning of tests
Bring any necessary supports (inhalers, knee braces etc…)
Bring a water bottle
DO YOUR PHYSICAL BEST!