Middle School & High School Physical Education
- Appropriate footwear (running shoes/sneakers)
- Clothing appropriate for movement (shorts, sweat pants, t-shirts, sweat shirts etc…) NO DENIM OR KHAKI MATERIALS
- Water bottle (optional but highly encouraged)
SHAPE (Society of Health and Physical Educators) America Standards:
A physically literate individual:
STANDARD 1: Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns. STANDARD 2: Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance STANDARD 3: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness. STANDARD 4: Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others. STANDARD 5: Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Guidelines in PE (SHAPE standard 4):
- Be prepared for class. For example; bring appropriate active wear, homework that is due, and complete any reading before class!
- Always demonstrate body control (ex. slowing yourself down before running into the wall/stage)
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep play away from bleachers
- NO SLIDING/DIVING in the gym
- Students will demonstrate the “Spirit of the Game” concept most commonly used in Ultimate Frisbee which stresses “sportsmanship and fair play, competitive play is encouraged but NEVER at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules and basic joy of play.”
Please click on the link below for your course syllabus:
Update: Week of October 15-19
Personal Fitness Class is continuing their “themed” workouts with a variety of exercises. As Second Quarter approaches, we will be investigating how to create/design our own workouts using the variety of exercises given.
PE I & II are involved with Football activities. PE II is already into game play and will be investigating topics like ethical behavior in sport (Patriot’s spy gate and deflate gate). PE I will be working on specific skills used in football (throwing, catching, defense and offense).
6th & 8th PE are finishing their Ultimate Frisbee unit. We will watch a DVD about Ultimate (blood drive day) and will get into game play to focus on strategies & tactics.
NONE this week. Please turn in any work that has been completed but not turned in!