All Classes: It is my hope that in all lessons and assignments that learning will be in some way both enjoyable and satisfying. With that in mind, I will tell you what my general expectations are at all times:
- Good manners
- Following all rules both according to the school and technology policies.
- No food or drink will be allowed at the computer stations
- Backpacks, books, food, and drinks will be placed on the work tables.
- The Computer Lab and all equipment will be treated responsibly.
- Changes to machines for any reason must be cleared through the teacher.
- Chairs will be pushed in at any time that they are not in use both during and at the end of class.
- The lab will be kept clean.
- Voices should remain quiet (no side conversations) until the teacher allows otherwise.
There may be additions or changes to these expectations over the course of the year; however, I believe that within these parameters we are more likely to have fun with lessons and projects. Please be considerate of everyone around you. Thank you.
- Dexter -
Core Curriculum Standards According to Grade:
SCHOOL – WIDE SOCIAL AND CIVIC RUBRICS
04 Learning Expectations – Wellness, Physical, Emotional and Social Health Revised 1-14 05 Learning Expectations – Technology Revised 1-14
— PACERS —
P-erserverance - “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did” – Newt Gingrich (American politician, historian, author and political consultant).
A-dvocacy - “I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me” – Maya Angelou (poet and author).
C-ollaboration - “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” – Helen Keller (American author, political activist, and lecturer).
E-mpathy - “Empathy is about standing in someone else’s shoes, feeling with his or her heart, seeing with his or her eyes. Not only is empathy hard to outsource and automate, but it makes the world a better place” – Daniel H. Pink (author).
R-esponsibility - “All your acts affect all the people, people that you don’t even know. So we have to live with responsibility. We have to live knowing that we’re not the only ones here and you’re affecting somebody else always” – Diego Luna (actor).
S-cholarship - “I am a great scholar, my mind is full of wonders” – Lailah Gifty Akita (founder of Smart Youth).
Syllabuses 2018-2019, 2019-2020
Parallax Robotics Drone Science
Students at all grade levels will refer to
Office 365′s “One Note” Classroom Notebooks
* PARENTS: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to request access to your student’s course notebook.
Parental access allows you to follow your student’s class activities, timeline for due dates, and all materials and links related to the course.
School-Wide Homework Policy:
One day late - 10 points off
Two days late - 20 points off
Three days late - 30 points off
No credit for work turned in after three days late
* Exceptions to this policy will require approval by both the teacher and administration. Students having difficulty completing homework should make arrangements for help with their teacher or during HIP.