Welcome to Ms. Raymond’s Webpage
- Period 1:Earth Science HS
- Period 2: Life Science MS
- Period 3: Life Science MS
- Period 4: Science Experiments 6th grade
- Period 5: Prep
- Period 6: Earth Science HS
- Period 7: Professional Learning Communities/Prep
- HIP 11th
****Please make an appointment after school if you need additional help.
Laptops: Students will be expected to use their laptops everyday to assist the students in their learning. Today in our everyday lives we use technology to help us and we will aim to teach the students to do this from the beginning of school. We use excel, defined stem, office 365 (one drive, teams, yammer, etc) and the laptops to do research.
21st Century Learning Expectations:
- Hinsdale students will communicate through various means.
- Hinsdale students will be able to solve problems.
- Hinsdale students will take responsibility for their own learning.
- Hinsdale students will recognize and demonstrate the importance of whole person wellness.
- Hinsdale students will demonstrate technological fluency and adaptability.
- Hinsdale students will demonstrate responsibility for their actions and choices.
Course Material: Binder, pencil/pen, assignment book, textbook (covered), handouts
Format: Notes, discussions, group work, activities, labs, stations, handouts, inquiry, debates, projects, tests
Turning in assignment: Some assignments will be need to be turned in via email (send to email@example.com), teams, on one drive or handed into the physical bin in class. To be considered on time the assignment must be in before 12 am that same day.
Assessments: formative and summative (to include: projects, entrance tickets, exit tickets, in class work, group projects, debates, tests, labs, portfolio items)
Grading has changed to 70% assessments (including projects, lab reports, tests, quizzes, etc.), 30 % classwork (to include participation, writing, demonstration reflections, etc.)
- Grades will be updated on Monday’s at 8am.
Help and Late work
- If student’s need help the student should ask to schedule time with me to get extra help.
- If an assignment is turned in late the following scale will be used to determine the grade: 1 day late -10 points 2 days late-20 points 3 days late -30 points
- After 3 days, the assignment will not be accepted after the 3 day mark. The only exception will be if the student missed a lab activity and needs to make up the lab after school. However, this should happen in a timely manner.
Expectations of students: Be on time, do homework and classwork and turn in on time, be respectful, be here, be safe, be responsible and use agenda’s.
Please click on the link below to get the agenda’s, see standards, and homework.
- ES agenda 12-17-18
- ES agenda 12-3-18
- ES agenda 11-26-18
- ES agenda 11-13-18
- ES agenda 11-5-18
- ES agenda 10-29-18
- ES-agenda-10-15-18 HW for Monday is notes 2c. style for page 759 to the end of the section. This is due Friday.
- ES agenda 10-8-18
- ES agenda 10-1-18
- ES agenda 9-24-18
- ES agenda 9-17-18
- ES agenda 9-10-18
- ES agenda 9-3-18
The Formal Lab Report Template to Type into for ALL CLASSES!!!!!
A resource for citing sources:
- AtomsAndBonding (1) (great review of chemistry basic principals to apply to Earth Science)
- atoms 2 123 (great review of chemistry basic principals to apply to Earth Science)
- charting oxidation numbers
- Balancing Chemical Formulas with Oxidation Numbers ver. 2 (for portfolio)
- Balancing Chemical Formulas with Oxidation Numbers
- Stations Earth Science 1 7 15 space 1
Old agenda’s __________________________________________________________________
- ES agenda 5-28-18 (also has agenda 6/4/18 attached on second page)
- ES agenda 5-21-18
- ES agenda 5-14-18 We ended up working on the project in class on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- ES agenda 4-30-18
- ES agenda 4-23-18
- ES agenda 4-9-18
- ES agenda 3-21-18 (actually 3/26/18 agenda)